Skocz do zawartości
Nycdub7

[ENG] Passat B6 BCM retrofit

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

nTomek, Sorry I don't speak Polish but have been translating this site to help me. Hopefully you can help me. I have converted CECM to BCM using 087J H++ 421 0465 and have used VCDS, ODIS, VCP, and VagHelper to get everything working, which does now but problems are - front fog lights, High beam, flash to pass, and rear fog light do not work.  LHD MY08 3.6 4motion Variant equipped with xenon adaptive front lighting with corner & headlight range control module, front fog lights,  and driver rear fog light. Current coding on BCM - 000800000000000000880281B400098C21F5000843210D236484C1000040.

Also can you please provide more info on flashing BCM to 475 software. Did you rename the file with name of current BCM to work? I would like to update mine from 0465 to 475.

Thank you for all advice that can be given.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
17 godzin temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

I have converted CECM to BCM using 087J H++ 421 0465 and have used VCDS, ODIS, VCP, and VagHelper to get everything working

Have you adjusted EEPROM configuration by VagHelper? If so - please attach your .bcm1 file.

front fog lights, High beam, flash to pass, and rear fog light do not work

What errors you currently have in BCM?

flashing BCM to 475 software

More changes than file rename are needed. The authorisation table has to be replaced and addressing recalculated. I can send you the file which can be used to update of HW 421 with SW 475.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Test 3 B6 BCM light setup.bcm1

I do not get any errors for fog lights, flash to pass, and rear fog light. They just don't work when switched on. I have also a 087R BCM and it does work the lights but it needs to have the pin C29 & resistor & light config done added to use that BCM.

if you can send that file for SW update to work with 087J 421 0465 to 0475 that would be great.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
25 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

I have also a 087R BCM and it does work

Do you use the same EEPROM setup as in 087J?

48 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

it needs to have the pin C29

There is no C29 in any BCM.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I only tested 087R but did not make any light config changes as I know 087R does not have C29 pin for start so waiting to install pin & resistor so car can start before making lighting config changes. I want to sort the byte 18 coding and lighting problems before moving on. I do not know which byte 18 code that I should use or what code I should start with, with the lighting equip that I have.

Pin C29 is in BCM's from 087 HW 413 to last 087(x) with HW 421, as all BCM's with 087(x to R) HW 422 does not have pin C29.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
26 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

I only tested 087R

Are you able to get light setup from this 087R?

087R does not have C29 pin

What about with this C29? In my opinion it's not used in any version, but maybe I'm wrong.

byte 18 coding

You can't changing byte 18 (other than 00) if you use custom light setup from VagHelper.

Try this setup Test 3_1 B6 BCM light setup.bcm1 - I've changed a little rear fog light settings.

Edytowane przez nTomek
setup added

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I didn't get the light config from the 087R but will do.

Pin C29 is used for Terminal 50 signal to starter since CECM and early BCM's only using J682 starter relay, Later B7/CC moved to two starter relays(J682 & J710) and in this case the terminal 50 & terminal 15 signals merged and the one click start is used now and also in conjunction with start stop.. This also means that terminal 50 is constant switched power of terminal 15, so pin C29 is no longer needed.

I will look into the light config changes you made and get back with the 087R light config. Byte 18 can be changed and needs to be changed for the forward lighting then alter eeprom for rear B6 lighting. All BCM's have a coding for Byte 18 but almost all BCM's show 00 for coding. Now with coding Byte18 and then changes to eeprom for rear lighting, the coding will show 00 in the end result.

This is the coding shown when testing 087R - 0008000000000000008802819400094C20550B0840200D20E484402400C0. As you can see 0B is the coding for byte18, this coding rom is not correct for my car but its a start. I'm hoping that someone can help me better understand what coding can help me or what coding to start with. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
25 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

Pin C29 is used for Terminal 50

It's B29...

28 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

Byte 18 can be changed and needs to be changed

yes, but only when you want to use one of fixed setup, stored in flash memory.

There is strict relation between byte 18 and this light setup you can read/write by VCP (.bcm1 file).

If you change byte 18 to value different than 00, then the whole light setup will changed.

39 minut temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

As you can see 0B

This is coding for US version - rear fog light shouldn't be active.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Yes, my mistake B29, but still same issue with this B29.

then with byte18, is there a way to activate the front fogs, flash to pass, and high beam shutter?

I am from the US and yes coding is US version and I am currently running euro version driver rear fog light. I do want to continue to run the rear fog light if possible. The 087R module is from a donor US CC and don't really know what was equipped on this donor car, but can use this light config and make adjustments to work for me or adjust the 087J light config and stay with that. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
15 godzin temu, Nycdub7 napisał:

can use this light config and make adjustments to work for me or adjust the 087J light config and stay with that. 

Yeah. You can copy light setup from R to J, or just force J to autoconfig like this R. It can be done by coding byte 18 to value 0B fore a while and back to 00. After such "process" light setup in J module will be the same like in R. Then you can read it and adjust in VAGHelper. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

That's exactly what I was going to do but don't know what else is enabled/disabled with "0B" coding for front lighting. I also wanted to activate/use A3 & A4 for DRL's as I have B6 turn signal/DRL combo installed.

I do not quite understand what "0B" coding means - 0B VW364 RL Halogen VW364 RdW TFL_0 RL ROM 11 VW364 VW364 RL halogen RdW TFL_0 RL ROM 11.

Does this coding support B6 AFS, flash to pass, high beam shutter, and front & rear fogs?

I see that 0B has TFL_0, doesn't that mean no DRL?

I think there is another coding that is better to use but I do not understand what coding supports what and for B6/B7 variant.

Edytowane przez Nycdub7
more info added.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
2 hours ago, Nycdub7 said:

don't know what else is enabled/disabled with "0B" coding for front lighting

You can check it in VAGHelper using this setup: byte_18_0B.bcm1

2 hours ago, Nycdub7 said:

coding means - 0B VW364 RL Halogen VW364 RdW

You probably have seen this list but unfortunately it doesn't fit to BCM 3AA... (PQ46).

Try to set byte to 0B and then check what is going on with your lights... I hope we can solve your problem but it needs a time.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

You once posted a "byte18 pdf" link, that link I have seen before but they send us somewhere else. Do you have this pdf that you can send me?

How were you able to get the bcm1 of the 0B coding without the BCM? Or did you load that code into your BCM and save the lighting config?

I will work with the file you sent and make do with that, Thank you so much for what help you have given me. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

The pdf contained the same list as above. Beside the (dead) link I also posted info that this list doesn't cover Passat B7 so it isn't helpful. It was 3 years ago when I've started my adventure with Passat B7 and BCM module. I was a beginner... 

But now, concerning bcm1 setup, I've made a "system" BCM<>Arduino<>PC with my own software which was able to change byte 18 coding and then light setup reading. I ran them in the loop from 01 to FF. In such way I downloaded whole setup table from BCM. In SW 0475 there are 192 light setups (some redundant) what reflects to byte 18 coding range from 01 to 0C.

There is also a method to decrypt sgo file where the same table is located, beside the firmware. 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I would love to learn more about your findings of the BCM and light configs if your willing to further discuss it. I am not a VW or Passat or electronics beginner but am a beginner in this BCM, I do know enough info to get going. I know that I have a fended several people here on this forums with bringing english here and I'm sorry. I can translate the info but didn't want what I was saying lost in translation. I have the means(computer & programs) to do the work and how to use most of it.   

...merged...

I am in search of the correct coding for what features I have: B6 AFS, front fogs, RLS, rear wiper, climatronic,  headlight washers, and driver rear fog. I know that US version does not contain rear fogs but I would like to have that feature and both reverse light active as I would like to have options depending on tail lights used. I wanted to also use BCM to control DRL of a set of turn/drl light kit from Aliexpress  for B6 but use a unused spot of lighting pins in BCM(A3 & A4), Can this be possible?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

This topic is good place to write in English. And always is better when a foreigner use English than Polish from google translator - believe me.

But lets go back to the BCM... 

How did you connect all these lights? Please provide a pinout?

What set from Aliexpress - link please.

In B7 there are pins for DRL (C48/C49) - halogen bulbs version, or C26/A44 for DRL/position LED module (version with Xenon as Headlights)

A3/A4 are also assembled on the board so can be (probably) used but I've never tried.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I made this Excel sheet based on comparison of ELSA and my model year & features, it can and should work for others to retrofit too. There are other info there too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32275028179.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.64b94219TR7Ep0&algo_pvid=0601ab18-c4c5-4c3b-8715-4ad7b88e0fa5&algo_expid=0601ab18-c4c5-4c3b-8715-4ad7b88e0fa5-0&btsid=c55f559b-4e71-464a-99a7-108c3a35776b&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_52

These are the turn/drl lights that I have installed but DRL are currently wired on a toggle switch until I incorporate them into the BCM to work as factory and the turns are wired into the factory harness and work as factory turn signals. The DRL do turn off when the turns are selected.

My car has AFS/bi-xenons and are wired to C48/C49 and position lights to C26/A44 as per ELSA B7, but position lights are in Bi-xenon headlight assembly for B6 as you know. This is why I wanted to change light config for DRL to A3/A4 to use the DRL in the new Turn/DRL lights.  

Passat B6 CECM to B7 BCM.xlsx

• Like 1

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Hi there. I have one question and I hope someone will be able to answer me :) I have Passat B6 2.0 TDI Manual and now prepearing to change into B7 BCM. There is a lot of scemes but I am wondering about one PIN.

E7 -> C30

How I should correctly wire it? Someones writes ground C30, someones connects E7 to C30 but as I saw lot of thems has Automatic transmission. So that is my question. Thanks.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Yes, if you have a manual gearbox, pin E7 comes to C30.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
22 hours ago, Wolfe said:

Yes, if you have a manual gearbox, pin E7 comes to C30.

Thanks, now I am on the way installing BCM. Hope everything will be ok :D

DA86F4BD-3C3E-473C-B943-730E58FC8D8C.jpeg

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi