Skocz do zawartości
Tommy1208

PQ47 output programmer

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and hope it's okay writing in English (as long as I saw one post to the admin/moderator in English?).

As the title says... outputs for BCM PQ47 platform. I have 3AA937087B PQ47 +.

Sadly that there's a programmer just for PQ35 platform. I tried to change my lights in Passat CC 2011 with VAG Pro and with help of VAGHelper and it works but not for all the lights. Maybe someone else has this issue especially if we wnat to modify High beam light (A5,C46) or the most important lights which are Fog lights (A25,C25). I'm so sure that the addresses 1942, 1943 and 1944 have nothing to do with fog lights in PQ47 platform because, whatever values I give to those addresses, I couldn't disable the cold diagnostic?.

Anyone with same isse?

Any help or advise is sooooo appreciated and thank you all in advanced.

Regards,

Tommy

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
W dniu 1.01.2022 o 21:10, Tommy1208 napisał:

I'm so sure that the addresses 1942, 1943 and 1944 have nothing to do with fog lights in PQ47 platform because, whatever values I give to those addresses, I couldn't disable the cold diagnostic

These addresses aren't written either to .bcm1 or .xml file in VAGHelper. The same with the programmer (VCP). It writes data from address 3073 to 3117 only.

I think that support of fog lights in VAGHelper is just a fake. Probably no one knows how to disable fog lights diagnostic.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
47 minutes ago, nTomek said:

These addresses aren't written either to .bcm1 or .xml file in VAGHelper. The same with the programmer (VCP). It writes data from address 3073 to 3117 only.

First of all, thank you for your reply ?

I agree with you. I read the .BCM1 file it starts from the address 3073 to 3117.

I checked the adresses 1942, 1943 and 1944 in my 3AA937087B BCM and found the values C8 C8 C8. I tried and changed those values to several values (F0, FF, C0, C4, CC.......etc), but, whatever arethe values, it doesn't effect the fog lightsin any way so I'm so sure that those addresses aren't for fog lights in PQ47 platform anyway. (maybe right addresses for PQ35 platfor, but, I don't have access to any PQ35 BCM car to check!).

58 minutes ago, nTomek said:

Probably no one knows how to disable fog lights diagnostic.

So you think no one knows the address for fog lights for the PQ47 BCMs?

I can read the eeprom of my BCM, is there any point to start from?

Can you help with where to start searching?

Do you have any documentation for the BCM eeprom?

And THANKS IN ADVANCED ?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

No any documentation, only some little experience. Some time ago I tried to dump any "eeprom" data from BCM in range from 0 to 0x01B617. Why in this range? It was the brink of my patience perhaps ?

Have a look at this dump. Maybe it helps you to discover something new. I hope you know that modification of random data can lead to brick your BCM.

Good luck!

BCM_DUMP_LOG201810012228483091.log

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
13 hours ago, nTomek said:

No any documentation, only some little experience. Some time ago I tried to dump any "eeprom" data from BCM in range from 0 to 0x01B617. Why in this range? It was the brink of my patience perhaps ?

Have a look at this dump. Maybe it helps you to discover something new. I hope you know that modification of random data can lead to brick your BCM.

Good luck!

BCM_DUMP_LOG201810012228483091.log 196.75 kB · 1 download

Ah... very nice. I read the dump... for addresses 1942 to 1943, you have exactly what I have which C8C8C8. The addresses 1963 to 1965 also 040404 which makes me very sure that those addresses have nothing to do with fog or licence plate lamps.

But of course, I can't find the right addresses?

I read in one of your other posts that you updated your BCM, what are the benifits? Or what's new in the latest firmware?

Is there any option for disabling the lamps cold diagnostic?

Errrrrrrrr ?..... I don't know why the VAG engineers hided those options in PQ47 platform, but, it's still there in PQ35 platforms

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
W dniu 5.01.2022 o 12:16, Tommy1208 napisał:

what are the benifits?

Just one: windows rain closing function (doesn't work with SW 045x/046x)

Is there any option for disabling the lamps cold diagnostic?

For fog lights - I don't know. 

but, it's still there in PQ35 platforms

Have you checked it or just suppose? 

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
27 minutes ago, nTomek said:

Have you checked it or just suppose? 

As I said, I don't have any PQ35 BCM in my hand. But, I saw dozens of people in forums and Youtupe disabling all kind of bulbs cold diagnostic using just VCDS.

Here's one with longcode helper in VCDS: 5C0 937 049 PQ35

Here's another one with adaptaions help in VCDS: 5Q0 937 086 PQ35

32 minutes ago, nTomek said:

Just one: windows rain closing function (doesn't work with SW 045x/046x)

For fog lights - I don't know. 

Did you check all bytes and bits using VCDS after updating?

Can you help me updating my BCM?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi